For the past few days, as I gruelingly prepare myself for next job, I have found myself without inspiration, exhausted that the world around me is seemingly devoid of life…
There is nothing but depressing stuff on the news these days…things about the high unemployment rate of young people, editorial critiques that the society that we are currently living in cannot be separated from bribery, corruption, the seven deadly sins…
I was educated raised to do good…University and the things I learned in humanities class educated me on the importance of kindness, human originality, humankind’s pursuit of power and the useless debilitating politics that results from it.
Isn’t it sad to think that society has no use for pure human spirit of creativity, justice, and optimism? The people who survive and thrive are the ones who adapt, those who play the game…
I know what I say is true…and the truth is sad… 😦
But does it have to be?
When you look at it in another way, do I really need to care/lament about the fact that the world is what it is? That it somehow became morally corrupt? That a world war or another financial collapse or a natural disaster occurs?
I do not…
Does this mean that I am selfish that I allow myself to succumb to a world of consumerism, mob mentality, and pathetic struggle for power?
Yes and haha no.
Yes, it does show that I am being selfish but it doesn’t mean that I am allowing myself to be corrupted. It does not mean that welcoming evil is inevitable as you grow up.
Let me put it this way. What if my selfish pursuits in the short term led to a larger selfless act…and my self-realization?
My life’s goal is my own self-realization and happiness, right?
So, doesn’t that mean that I should be happy with whatever I am doing?
That I should be okay with whatever I am doing?
That I should be responsible for whatever I do?
That I need to really choose what I want no matter how crazy it may sound to the people?
There shouldn’t be anything that prevents you from being happy right now, in the short term, and in the long term.
The problem with some of us is that we want other people to support our dreams…
The truth is it’s your dream…They don’t owe us a dime. If we want our dreams to happen, we need to make it happen.
We can’t expect others to share our misery (paradoxically that is a human trait)
While I am at it, here are the truths about the society that we live in. No matter what “moral, idealistic” arguments you bring about, these truths will be harder to deny.
1) Society, as a result of competition, does not tolerate stupid behavior. You get fired if you make a mistake.
2) People are only interested in the result of success, the material fortune they can see, physical strength. Weakness is frowned upon and alienated
3) Herd behavior (look at the financial markets as a result of the BREXIT. Did anything major happen?? And yet people are putting their money into “safe” (really?) financial assets like real estate? How safe is real estate then if there are no people to fill vacant rooms and pay rent?) Pokemon go, witch hunting…
4) People have a limited sense of reality…it may or may not be their fault. They perhaps were not educated enough, or just never had the time or money to muse about the principles they lived by and what not. Preaching to these people, attempting to extract some sort of a deeper sense of reality from them is fruitless and pointless.
5) People play the game all the time. It’s a game to win what is at stake and push out others. People enchant others with their sexual prowess, wealth, powerful political influence, physical might.
So if these truths are so deniable, what happens now? Is God dead? Is morality gone for good?
As long as you never lose sight of who or what you are, how much of a threat you can be by your very existence…As long as you remember that history is being written everyday, as long as you remember who you wish to be and keep going into that direction no matter what the society says or does around you, that you are on another level than a lot of people around you,
you will become someone great.
Avoid the naysayers and see through the actions of those who are trying to play the game and win you. Don’t get brainwashed into thinking that things are going to be different or new.
Cultivating your life and your happiness is your responsibility and there is no need to feel that you are selfish about doing that. As long as you aren’t giving others a hard time, who cares? Now look at life with a lense of your own not the lense that your teachers or parents or your girlfriend made for you.
Realize your own vision and be happy!
Remember ALWAYS ALWAYS that the work you are putting in is for you.
It isn’t hard. It IS NOT POINTLESS!! IT IS WORTH IT
PLEASE HAVE FUN WHILE YOU ARE DOING IT!
Meet new people
Listen to beautiful music like soundtrack for Miyasaki films
Use money on the things you want
Read the books you want not the books society wants you to read
You are meant to be someone…it isn’t late to pursue that dream.
Become the fighter you always wanted to be!! The military awesome sergeant you wanted to be.
All those SUPPOSED TOs are a load of crap…you’re not supposed to do anything…
YOU WANT TO DO THOSE THINGS
YOU DON’T NEED THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS TO BECOME GREAT!! THINK MUHHAMMAD ALI!
YOU WANT TO SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS AND BE GREAT AT IT! LEARN AND DON’T FORGET TO ASPIRE FOR IT!
NEVER FORGET TO LOVE YOURSELF AND YOUR DREAMS